Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dragon


Dragons are mythical creatures that populate almost every culture on earth so I find it hard to believe that they have always been creatures of man's imagination. I do believe that there was once a creature that inspired all the stories and know that I would not like to meet it in the wilderness.

This is a logo that I created for a youth soccer team. Below the logo is a crest that the team used on their jerseys. For those of you who didn't know today is Appreciate a Dragon Day so it is only fitting that this logo finally makes an appearance. Is that my geekiness showing again? Can't help that.

6 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I bet the kids wearing this jersey are thrilled. My belief is that dragons originated with clouds - you can absolutely see the Chinese dragon in particular floating in some skies.

Ren said...

Slick logo!

Shirley said...

Really nicely designed and illustrated logo! It's got a great approachable-fierce feel for a sports logo.

Rui Sousa said...

Fantastic work, excellent interpretation of the theme of the week!
Would be happy to invite you to visit my site www.ruisousaartworks.com.

If you have time you can also see my idea on the theme of the week
www.ruisousaartworks.blogspot.com

Thank you and greetings

Rui Sousa

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Boy I have we missed you! Happy New Year and all that jazz! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday. Good to see you back. This dragon logo is super cool. Great work. I know that kids must have almost passed out when they saw it. Like I said SUPER COOL!!!

wsxwhx662 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.