Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dragon


Dragons are mythical creatures that populate almost every culture on earth so I find it hard to believe that they have always been creatures of man's imagination. I do believe that there was once a creature that inspired all the stories and know that I would not like to meet it in the wilderness.

This is a logo that I created for a youth soccer team. Below the logo is a crest that the team used on their jerseys. For those of you who didn't know today is Appreciate a Dragon Day so it is only fitting that this logo finally makes an appearance. Is that my geekiness showing again? Can't help that.

5 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I bet the kids wearing this jersey are thrilled. My belief is that dragons originated with clouds - you can absolutely see the Chinese dragon in particular floating in some skies.

Ren said...

Slick logo!

Shirley said...

Really nicely designed and illustrated logo! It's got a great approachable-fierce feel for a sports logo.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Boy I have we missed you! Happy New Year and all that jazz! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday. Good to see you back. This dragon logo is super cool. Great work. I know that kids must have almost passed out when they saw it. Like I said SUPER COOL!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.